Rob and I decided that it would be a good idea to take Kelsey camping with us and her aunt and uncle this past weekend.
As the time for the weekend got closer and closer, we (I) felt an impending sense of doom for what was to come. I thought knew that Kelsey would not sleep and that I would be the one taking care of this wee one.in her sleepless state. Doom.
Then I started thinking about poison ivy. And the fire. And the work. And the noises in the night. And the packing (oh my, the packing).
I started to feel ill.
And then it was time to go. Here are the pics below.
 |
| Already dirty after about 2 or 3 hours. She's really pretty cute when she's dirty. :) |
 |
| Itching. There was lots of itching. |
 |
| Kelsey LOVED the tent. Like, the first night, she spent about 45 minutes rolling all around and on top of us giggling before she finally crashed and conked out for the night. |
 |
| Hiking. Kelsey is definitely a superb hiker. |
 |
Here's where she got really good at hiking riding. |
 |
| Insert "awww". |
 |
| I think we made the right decision. |
 |
| Aunt Amanda and Uncle Ben. Probably Kelsey's favorite aunt and uncle. |
 |
| We went to McCormick's Creek, by the way. We really liked it there. |
 |
| I could not believe we had made it this far, and look at her! |
 |
| Caught. |
 |
| One chubby bunny. |
Yes, we definitely made the right decision. By the time Saturday rolled around, Kelsey was ready to pass out without the rolling around and giggling. We were thankful. It did rain Saturday night, but we stayed dry so I didn't mind one bit. It was a ton of work, but I'm so glad we went for it.
Congratulations! :) I've always wanted to camp but have been too afraid to take the kids for the same reasons.... no sleeping, fire, etc. Maybe we'll have to try it someday! Looks like you all had fun!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time after all. :)
ReplyDeleteOur girls are getting so big!!
Awesome, Jenny! I'm glad y'all had a great time and you can look forward to camping with Kelsey!
ReplyDelete