Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vacation in St. Louis

We went here this past week. It was definitely the easiest vacation we've had since little Kelsey joined us just about 3 years ago.



This is from the top of the arch. It was a first experience for both Rob and Kelsey and they loved it!


We went to a place that was on Man Vs. Food. It's called Crown Candy Store, built in 1913 and very cool local joint.



I loved the baseball game. It was a pleasant tempurature and we had pleasant people sitting around us and everything was just nice.

This was at the zoo (which is free y'all). It puts our zoo to shame. See this friendly chimp? We made eye contact. :)

One of my memories from St. Louis as a kid is this gorilla and taking pictures next to it.

Forest park is the best. The zoo is there and they have TONS of other stuff to look at and do, including this little splash park Kelsey enjoyed after the zoo.


We went to Grants Farm too. Loved it. Definitely a different expereince than the zoo.

The sign said "goats may be mildly aggressive". I'd guess so!

Went to the brewery. I was so impressed. 

These are real stables. Horse people know, this is a bit extravagent. These were the cleanest, air temp. controlled stables I've ever been in.

The brewery was pristine and had so many cool details from when it was built. They don't cut corners at Anheiser.

I just like this chandelier a whole lot.

The hospitality room where we could "sample" beer. These were the biggest samples I've ever had.

And, probably Kelsey's favorite part was the pool at our hotel. It was really nice, so we didn't mind heading down a few times.
I'm glad we went. Kelsey was the most flexible she's ever been and we were able to do everything we wanted. Kelsey was asking to go back as we were pulling into the garage at home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! We'll have to keep these places in mind for our future trips. Great pics! :)

    ReplyDelete